Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The 3 L's......Love, Luck, and Light

February has just ended, and March has just begun. Not gonna lie, I was struck by these two months.  We are three months into the new year and bundled down with many outside forces.  As we continue to bundle ourselves from the cold with work, a social life, bills, and so many other things, we have a light that is at the end of the tunnel known as Spring.  With this season, we are all hoping for a renewal that we so desperately crave during this moment in time that is still not quite winter and not quite Spring.  You feel me..I am still taking applications for quality cuddlers...

With February, I am always hit over the head with the concept of love.  As  we merge with the month of March, I ask you...do you love what you are doing with your life?

For myself, it is constantly up hill battle with the balancing act between my artistic career goals and making a difference and impact on this world in a positive way.  Some days, I am down trodden by the ideas that society has placed on life goals but deep down I know that I love both my life as both as an artist and a teacher/motivator.  So many people go day in and day out and truly hate what they do and bring the people down around them.  As an artist, I have encountered too many bitter artists who complain about performing and their job as an actor.  If you feel like you are being sucked into this toxicity, it is alright to give yourself permission to step back from your life as an artist in order for you to find a stronger more positive voice.  Letting your artistic life goals go or change is so hard for so many artists, because this is a life you have been comfortable in for so many years.  However, by letting go of that old artistic life will allow you to MARCH into Spring with a sense of renewal.

By Marching into the Spring, you will realize how lucky you truly are.  With the month of March, I am reminded of LUCK.  As a true Irish man, I love the month of March for many obvious reasons.  However, I ask you at this moment.........are you lucky?

In this business there is the old saying, it is all about LUCK and I do have to agree partially with that sentiment .  However, I also would add in hard work, and with that hard work, you will realize how lucky you truly are.  Yes, there is a matter of luck for that "big break."  But if you stop and think about your hard work over the weeks, months, and years, you will see how LUCKY you are at this moment in time.  Over the past few weeks for myself, I landed a meeting with new commercial agency in NYC, and am in talks to do a very fun project.  Over the past six years, I have had the honor of working as a professional actor paid for my work at one point throughout the year or another.  When I stop and look at these few things, I say "damn, I am one lucky man."

Finally, light the world on fire.  There is a constant light at the end of the tunnel for all of us actors and artists.  What does this light signify for you?

For me, the light serves as two things.  First, it is a reminder that I am always growing and reaching to be a better person and artist.  Second, it is a reminder of rebirth and cleansing.  The light allows myself as an artist and person to reevaluate my goals and aspirations in both my artistic and personal life.  We are only given one life.  We might as well light up that screen, light up that stage, and light up that one moment.

Love what you do in order to march into your dreams, goals, and aspirations that will continue to bring this world into a better light.

 Lucky you that you can do all that and more!

Cheers,

Paddy G. McGee

PS Don't forget to celebrate your luck, love, and light on my special Day MARCH 17!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment