Friday, October 19, 2012

The F Word- Feel it and Fight the Frustration

We have all felt this way one time or another. No the word that I am talking about is not that dirty word but it may make you say a few swear words every once in a while or many times depending on the day.  The word I am talking about is frustration.

We have all been frustrated with our lives, a certain situation, or a significant other.  Sometimes it is even frustrating being frustrated and it is a perpetual cycle.  You just cannot escape this feeling and this feeling consumes you.  

What is the most frustrating thing in your life holding you back from being more positive?

Yes, frustration holds us back.  We sometimes get consumed by what is going wrong, or this specific event and cannot let it go.  As an actor, I have to say at this moment, I am completely frustrated.  I feel stagnant as an artists and want to feel like I am making more progress  (both financially and artistically) and am not at this  place that I projected for myself years ago.  But where does this frustration come from? Some of it is societies expectations yes. But mostly it comes from ME. Yes, I just admitted it.  It comes from me.  Lately, I have been more introspective which is a great thing.  However, it forces me to dig deeper as a person which I hope will in the future shape my work as an actor.  

Once I admitted that I am frustrated and that this frustration lies within me.  I realized I must deal with it rather than have simmer inside like a pot ready to boil over.  Everyone has certain way of dealing with frustration.  How do you deal with this frustration?

One idea is find something that you enjoy.  I love to run because it clears my head and I feel like I am phyiscaly clearing my body.

Find a new activity.... I recently joined a new acting classes and every Wednesday I feel like I am engaging as an artist.  This helps me feel like I am making progress.

Third....reevaluate your goals and maybe make new ones.  It is ok to reexamine your goals.  Never in a million years would I think of doing film.  However, now it is a major focus and I have developed a decent reel and feel confident in my tv/film auditioning skills.  

You are allowed to be frustrated.  It is only human. But deal with your frustration and don't let it fester in you! Yell the f-word a million times if you have to.... !

 F***k, F8887,F$$$K!!!!

As always,

Live for today, love this moment, and laugh always!

McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment